Grisham Middle School Virtual Food Drive
This year for our School-Wide Community Project, Grisham is partnering with U.S. Hunger to help families within our community who are experiencing issues with Food Scarcity.
Students are encouraged to reach out to Family, Friends, and members of the Community who will sponsor them as they perform various activities from our list of #ASimpleActofKindness Fundraising Challenge.
A Padlet for each DEN has been created for students to post pictures of themselves performing the activities as well as write a brief Reflection on how they felt performing the #ASimpleActofKindness activities.
Our goal is for each Grizzly DEN to fundraise $90, which will purchase two Full Cart Boxes of food for Grisham Families, and which will be delivered to families over the Summer.
We hope you will join us as we work towards reducing hunger here at Grisham!
1. Read out loud to someone at home each night for a week, and post a picture collage in FlipGrid with your Reflection.
2. Find a famous quote that describes you, and post it somewhere you will see it each day for a week as inspiration.
3. Write 5 notes of kindness and leave it on the doors of 5 of your neighbors.
4. Make dinner for your family every night for a week.
5. Make all the beds in your house for a week, and leave a cheerful note for each person when done.
6. Record yourself performing (singing/playing instrument/acting) your favorite piece and share it with your family.
7. Bake a treat for a friend/neighbor 3 times over the next two weeks and deliver it to them as a surprise with a note.
8. Organize a neighborhood trash collection with your family to improve the look.
9. Open the door for everyone you encounter during the day with a smile and “Hello” for a week. Take note of those who smile back at you.
10. Go through your books at home and find 5 to donate to your local Little Free Library (there are 9 in our area). You can find the closest one to you at www.littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap.
11. Gather newspapers to donate to Austin Animal Shelter.
12. Organize your friends to write notes of kindness, and send them to a local Nursing Home for the residents who are missing their families.
13. Organize your friends and create a Phone Tree where each person agrees to call a different member of their family one night for a week to chat and bring a little joy.
14. Arrange a TV/Movie watch party with a friend and their family with snacks.
15. Write 5 notes of kindness to 5 different people, and tell them why you are Thankful for them.
16. Volunteer to do your parents or siblings least favorite chore for a week.
17. Sit with someone new each day at lunch for a week.
18. Organize a group of friends or family to write notes of gratitude/kindness to be sent to soldiers. Notes can be sent to www.supportourtroops.org/cards-letters.
19. Make breakfast for your family for a week.
20. Organize a Virtual Scavenger Hunt with your friends where you search for outdoor locations/objects and post a picture collage. Deliver ice cream to the winner who completes the challenge first.
21. Draw chalk pictures in front of your house/apartment with a kind message for the people who come by.
22. Organize a Game Night for your family to play along with another family.
23. Volunteer to clean out your parents cars.
24. Offer to wash a neighbors car.
25. Offer to walk your neighbors pet at least 3 times over the next two weeks.
26. At a Fast Food Restaurant buy the car behind you a treat (drink/dessert/item).
27. Organize your friends/family to sew face masks to donate to area hospitals.
28. Organize your friends/family to write Thank You Notes to local hospital workers/firefighters/first responders during Covid-19.
29. Organize friends and family and create toiletry kits to donate to a homeless shelter.
30. Write Thank You Notes to give to Grocery Store Employees for all they do.